Thursday, April 26, 2012

Poker: SCOOP 2012 preview

scoop

At the end of April, a lot of people are getting excited about WSOP, but I’m more interested in Spring Championship Of Online Poker (SCOOP)

Last year I played 4 low stakes games:

I had some good runs and felt I played well, but only managed a small cash in the 8 game

Looking back, I didn’t play SCOOP in 2010 (probably due to it clashing with my BBP Grading) but did play in 2009 (http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/poker-scoop-summary.html) in the 8 Game, HORSE and NL Hold’em rebuy tournaments.

This year, perhaps with no surprise I am planning to play the following games:

  • Tues 8th May (Event #7)   Heads Up NL Hold'em
  • Mon 14th May (Event #22)   Mix NLHE/PLO
  • Thu 17th May (Event #31)  8 game
  • Sat 19th May (Event #38)  HORSE
  • Sun 20th May (Event #40)  NL Hold' em - Main Event

I have already played a satellite and won a ticket to the 8 Game for $9.90 (rather than the normal $27 buy-in), so that's a bargain already.  I've also played one FPP entry satellite for Heads Up NL Hold' em but didn't get anywhere, and am planning at least one more attempt.   I have also won a seat into the Main Event, for $37.50 instead of $109.. so feel like a winner already !

I will doubtless update on progress after each session, and am already looking forward to it Smile

No comments: