Thursday, May 19, 2011

Poker: SCOOP-29 (8 Game, low stakes) report

My first SCOOP event was nearly a cash for me, but 8 game is a different kettle of fish….  (hopefully there will be a lot of fish Winking smile )

scoop

I tried to satellite in using my points, but with one turbo and 2 hyper turbo attempts was not lucky enough to win my seat, so had to fork out to enter!!

I was a little disappointed to see the event become a 2 hour rebuy, rather than a freeze out, but with $50’000 Guarantee and only 879 players at the allotted kick off time, I can see why they decided to do it…. in fact, so desperate to get players loaded up, they were even kicking off several Satellite games 2 mins before the start time !!

We start with 5’000 chips and 8 minute clock, so no hurry to start with at least..

I take it steady and no big drama’s (apart from moving tables 3 times in about 15 mins!)  On the NL Hold’em round I’m in SB and button raises to 250 so I fold my QJo but BB calls.  I’m gutted to see K-T-9 flop, then the BB check/raises all-in and the button calls and shows A-A vs A-2 !     Dammit, would’ve nearly tripled up had I called (did think about it, but did make right choice of course….)

At the first break, I’m 158th from 1539 players left (1652 entrants) with 8017 chips and 5355 average, so not too bad so far

Second break I’ve had a reasonable run… so am now 72nd from 1513 runners (2073 entries) and have 14’104 chips against 6844 average.

The buy-ins stopped just after 2nd break and we have total of 2100 runners, giving $63’000 prize pool ($9900 for first place) paying down to 300th place

Playing un-imaginative poker but hitting hands… had great hand in Omaha HiLo and now at third break am 16th from 846 remaining.   32’844 chips against 12’411 average

NL Holdem round, got a bit lucky with 9-9 against J-J, then next hand lost 4-4 vA-Q against shorty stack and then 5-5 vs 7-6 short stack, so back to where I was Smile  Blinds going up and had couple of bad hands on 72 triple draw… down to average chips (appx 20k)  Have better Omaha HiLo round and so on 4th break am 110th from 423 and 33’998 chips with average 24’822

Doing OK, got up to about 55k but then mistakes and missed draws start getting expensive and am pleased to get into the money with around 48k  

5th break sees me 105th out of 250 remaining and 43k chips just above 42k average.   $52.92 guaranteed now Smile

On restart I get a run of poor cards in Limit Holdem where my A-K vs 5-3s gets trashed then my A-T vs 9-8s gets rivered and with 4 BB left decide to stick it in with A-4 to find myself against A-6 (which hits trip 6’s on the turn!)

So my run has ended Sad smile  finishing in 216th place and got $61.11 for my trouble.

I’m pleased to have cashed, but a little disappointed to have nose dived so rapidly from an average stack to nothing.   Did feel I got a bit unlucky in the end, so will take comfort from feeling I played well as I could.

Will have a bit of a rest tomorrow, then have a pop at the HORSE game Saturday Smile

No comments: