Saturday, May 21, 2011

Poker: SCOOP-36 (HORSE, low stakes) report

It’s time for another pop at a SCOOP game, this time HORSE.   After my 8 Game min-cash, it would be nice to make the money again…

scoop

Its $25’000 Guaranteed and starts with  with 1247 runners, but again has 2 hours registration after it’s kicked off and again they’re running satellites that kick off up to 1 minute before the official start time….

We have 5’000 chips to start and 8 minute clock, so can sit back, relax, watch Saturday night TV as normal and play Poker… great stuff Smile

First break there are 2277 entrants, and I’m 2073rd of 2239 remaining, with 2581 chips (avg 5075) so not a great start for me.   Haven’t been playing all that badly, just not been hitting the cards and there are so many players going to river you need a hand in order to win it !   Hope my cards get better in the next session….

Not long after the break I get a bad run of good cards Smile and end up out in 2337th place with 2412 entrants.      Real shame as I didn’t think I was playing poorly, just got a bit unlucky (mind you, I probably would think that even if  I played like a pansy Winking smile )   Oh well, at least I’ve finished early enough to have a few drinks now and relax for the evening.

I’ve got another shot at SCOOP glory tomorrow, so can look forward to that now.

No comments: