Sunday, May 22, 2011

Poker: SCOOP-37 (6 Max NL Hold’em, low stakes) report

This is my 4th and final attempt at this years SCOOP events.     After last nights failure to make any impact, I’m hopeful a return to No Limit Hold’em will see a bit more of an effort on my part Smile

scoop

It’s kicking off at a very reasonable 3pm UK time, so means I can watch the Spanish Grand Prix beforehand Smile

Its $200’000 Guaranteed and with 10’000 chips to start and 15 minute clock, will be a very interesting game and hard slog I’m sure.  It’s really galling but there is a 3 hour extended registration, so won’t even know how many players there are until 6pm !!  Really don’t like that, but never mind…

On the 3pm kickoff we start with 10’102 players and I suddenly notice it’s a 2 day event !   Oh well, it might not be a problem anyway…

I’ve been a bit up and down, and moved tables 3 times in first 15 mins, but it stabilised out and at the first break there are 12’478 entries and I’m 2078 out of 10’309 remaining, with 15’746 chips against 12’075 average.

Halfway through  next session, got K-K on button and raised,  SB re-raised and BB called, so 4 bet and only SB called.    Flop came 8-4-2 and SB who has about pot left in his stack chk/raised all-in so I called and sure enough he had AA !  I’m down to around 6k now Sad smile

I didn’t stage an immediate recovery, so on 2nd break, there are15’386 entries and I’m 8889th from 9408 remaining with 4690 chips and 16’307 average.  With blinds at 250/125 and 30 ante, my M=8.5 so can’t afford to hang around too long before getting stuck in!

Soon after the break I get 2-2 in BB and see standard raise and a caller, so decide good chance I might get both to fold or if called to be flipping… so shoved.  In the end the initial raised folded, but caller had Q-Q   The Q on the flop was not really needed so the 2 on the river didn’t help and I’m out in 9’368th place out of 15’673 runners.

I didn’t play too badly, but running my KK into AA really crippled me, so was always struggling after that,  needing to double up to get back to a comfortable position.    

Overall my SCOOP didn’t go as planned at all, as couldn’t find the satellites into the middle stakes games that I really wanted to play, and with the games themselves being re-buys seemed to be a lot of wilder play than you would expect in freezeouts.    I’m quite pleased with my NL HE heads up game, and reasonably contented with the cash in my 8 game effort, just a bit unfortunate I didn’t win more than I laid out…  

Hopefully when the WCOOP comes along later in the year (assuming there is one!) things will have settled down and the organizers will be more organized and I’ll be more organized so will be able to satellite into the bigger events as intended this time round.  (Last time I played WCOOP was good result, so roll on September Smile )

No comments: