Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Poker: WCOOP #11 results

wcoop2012

At last, it's time for my first WCOOP game !   After securing my seat, I’ve been looking forward to the actual event itself.  

It's a bit daunting to see 2159 players and know it could all be over in 5 mins, or last until the early hours (and continue tommorow night if I get lucky!) but am up for the challenge and will give it my best shot.   Having played HU SCOOP last year, I kind of know what to expect as well.   256 places pay out so got some work to do...

First round starts at 19:00 and once again I get lucky and do not get an opponent, so through to round 2 already :)   

Starting stack is 5000 and with 10 minute levels, there is going to be a fair amount of play each round, so happy to be able to skip the first round.

Level 2 starts at 20:15 with 2048 players.   Finished 20:35 winning after a solid performance, quite comfortable in the end with never going below starting stack.  Opponent was aggro pre flop and on the flop, but was capable of betting turn then folding to reraise, which I did quite often :)   Glad to get through for sure.... roll on the next level, but it's gonna get tougher for sure.

Level 3 has 1024 players and start match at 21:45  My opponent is a lot more aggressive and I'm getting a bit beaten up.   Manage to fight back a bit, but sadly don't last all that long and am knocked out when my 9-8 is overcome by 5-4 after about 10 minutes, after T-8-5 flop was followed by 4 on the turn and 2 river when the money went in (I was a bit short stacked by then as well)     Was outclassed for sure, but didn't get much luck either.

Was a bit disappointed to be out on the second match, but was quite fun overall.   Hopefully can do better in my next WCOOP game on Saturday

Can't complain too much on the financial side though:

Event Buy-in               =  $215
Actual cost of entry =    $0 
Cash won             =    $0
Profit/Loss          =    $0

No comments: