Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Poker: WCOOP 2012–Event 11 seat in the bag

wcoop2012

Having set out my target events, the first satellite I played was for a seat in Event WCOOP-11: $215 NL Hold’em [Heads-Up, $250K Guaranteed]

As it happened, the sat entry was 400 FPP (Frequent Player Points) rebuy, so is effectively a free entry from my point of view.  I ran like God and not only had A-A 4 times, and numerous other premium hands, but was hitting flops all over the place as well !    I did need a second buy-in but by the break was chip leader by some margin so didn’t need the add-on.  

Being a turbo event it was never going to last long, but we went from 21 runners down to 2 in about an hour.  The heads up battle saw me with 2:1 chip deficit and about 20 BB so it was always an up hill struggle, but my opponent was over aggressive and in the end I had the 2:1 chip lead.  The final hand was lucky for me, when the villain shoved for 10 BB from button and I decided his range was so wide could call with J-7… his A-K was way ahead but 7 on the turn was enough to see me take the seat directly into the event.    Woooohooo Smile

Just hope that is not my “one time” used up !    Roll on the next satellite and hope I get some more run good….

No comments: