Thursday, September 19, 2013

Poker: WCOOP 2013 summary

wcoop2013

I have been working hard to try and satellite into some WCOOP events, but sadly my efforts to just qualify have not been realised

The plan for this year was to try for 10 events, which in itself was quite ambitious (perhaps too ambitious as it turned out)

Over the course of the last few weeks I have been furiously finding satellites I can play in and then trying to get through to the event itself.  In most cases I tried at least twice, but one event I gave up on because of real world commitment, then the last event had to be abandoned as I’ve done my bankroll Sad smile

Here are my results for this years series:

Event Attempts

Cost

Notes
05  NL Hold'em

2

$63.00

 
10  PL Omaha

2

$36.00

 
12  NL Hold'em [Heads-Up]

2

$18.60

 
16  PL Omaha

2

$12.40

 
33  8-Game 

3

$82.40

 
34  NL Hold'em

2

$89.40

 
42  HORSE

1

$40.80

Date clash so can’t play event
49  Mixed NL Hold'em/PL Omaha

2

$32.80

 
55  NL Hold'em

0

$0

Abandoned due to lack of bankroll
66  NL Hold'em Main Event

12

$0

Used FPP’s only
TOTAL  

$375.40

 

Compared to last years result, it’s certainly a bit disappointing, but having said that I have enjoyed the cut and trust of playing the satellites and got close a few times to getting through.

In hindsight, I could have probably saved some money by being a bit more selective/patient and picking some less expensive satellites.  I paid out $61 in one case and $41 a couple of times, whereas there may have been better ones to go for. 

Sadly I don't have the bankroll (now don’t have *any* bankroll !) to buy-in directly, so that is it for me this year.   Will have to wait until SCOOP 2014 now Smile

No comments: