Thursday, August 01, 2013

Poker: Financial results for July 2013

financialChart

Plan
My monthly targets for July were:
- Have at least 4 study sessions
- Play 800 hands of cash on NLHE $0.20 6-max (1 table Speed) with target of breaking even (BBP)
- Play 350 cash hands on PLO $0.20 6-max (1 table) with target of breaking even (BBP)
- Play 4 sessions of 8 Game cash with target of breaking even  (Pokerstars)
- Play 16 MTT

Monitor
Overall results for the month:-

Pokerstars      :  -$  291.47
Black Belt Poker:  +$   45.08  (+£29.65)
Live play       :  -£  170.00

Pokerstars results break down as follows:

Cash results ($-195.32 overall)
8 Game    ($4.00)              $ -100.00
Mobile NLO8 Zoom ($0.10)       $ - 95.32

Tournament Results ($-96.15 overall)
3x EPT sat MTT (FPP)       $    0.00
2x EPT sat STT             $ - 85.15
1x MTT (Passport)          $ - 11.00

8 Game wins/losses by game type for this month (1 session):
2-7        - 62.00
Limit HE   - 35.06
Omaha HL   - 39.85
Razz       - 13.56
Stud       +  2.23
Stud HL    + 32.59
NL HE      + 13.03
PLO        +  2.62

BBP results break down as follows:

Cash results (£+34.48 overall)
NLHE Speed  ($0.20)  915 hands   +£62.29
PLO         ($0.20)  390 hands   -£27.81

Tournament Results (-£4.83 overall)
18x  MTT            -£  6.25
6x   10 seat STT    -£ 23.82  Maui Jackpot
7x    6 seat STT    +£ 32.08
2x    2 seat STT    -£  6.84

Reflect
I have done my study sessions as targeted, watching Nick's Tournament videos.  What can I say, it's Nick... so albeit rather long winded at times, he does get some good points across.   Some stuff I know, but has made me think a bit more about how I'm playing already, and only halfway through !   Need to keep going through the remaining sections and make sure I absorb the lessons and apply them to my game.

Now to talk about my Live results !   I'd decided to go for the trickier Sovereign Poker Club in Farnborough for a change this month (http://www.sovereignsnooker.co.uk/) for the £40+£5 (with re-entry)  I played OK, but my AA got out flopped by TT and lost a chunk, then an Ax hand got mullered by 84s on river and I decided to go for a second bullet.   Luckily this one lasted a bit longer, but another bad hand saw me reduced to shove/fold and my 22 didn't stand a chance in the end against KQ and JJ when I finally pushed 10bb.     I like going to Farnborough as the Cash tables are always lively and had decided to give it a go if I got the chance...  As it turned out, there was only one table running and it was short handed, although this suited me to a degree as I've only got 40bb to play with.   I held my own, but being the short stack had to pick my spots against the loose passive style most the other players were using.   After drizzling down to about 15bb, managed to get all-in pre with 77 vs 65ss which I was happy with, until he flopped flush and turned the straight flush, so it was time to go home.....

On Pokerstars, didn't actually play all that much.... but I've been trying to qualify into EPT Barcelona again, so far to no avail.  I did get tempted into playing a couple of sats which I had to buy into (rather than using FPP) which was perhaps a little optimistic.   I was also still trying out the Mobile Zoom cash, but still not managing to adjust to that so have definitely abandoned that medium for playing Poker ! :)    I also played one session of my normally reliable 8 Game cash, but this time managed to drop half a buy-in so was a bit disappointing overall.   Having dropped my complete balance in Pokerstars, decided not to reload this month as I'm at a low ebb for my Bankroll Management.  

Thank goodness for Black Belt Poker (BBP).... it's the only bright spot in the numbers !!   I managed my targets and more or less broke even, so kind of OK results for this month at least.   I am playing the $0.20 level now in Cash, due to dropping most of my bankroll, so am having to adjust slightly to the players at this level.   My NLHE approach seems about right, but probably need to play less hands in my PLO and concentrate more on the players weaknesses.   My MTT and STT results are OK, but never seem to do well with the 10 seat Maui for some reason.  I always think it should suit my style as it gets short stacked quite quickly, but I always seem to bust out early on.... something I need to review and understand more about.   The 6 seat STT tend to be Turbo's like the Maui, and mostly do OK in those.   

August Targets
I am still going through Nick Wealthall's "Tournament Cash Machine" program (http://transformmypoker.com/) so August will also need to be about training for and playing in MTTs.   My targets are therefore:

- Have at least 4 study sessions
- Play 800 hands of cash on NLHE $0.20 6-max (1 table Speed) with target of breaking even (BBP)
- Play 350 cash hands on PLO $0.20 6-max (1 table) with target of breaking even (BBP)
- Play 4 sessions of 8 Game cash with target of breaking even  (Pokerstars)
- Play 16 MTT/STT with target of breaking even (BBP)
- Have one more try at EPT sat, using FPPs to buy-in
- Play some WCOOP sats (if available and depending on the final schedule for the Main Events)

Strategic Objectives
*  Keep to Poker Plan
Achieved all this month, except 8 Game cash sessions
*  Focus on less variants of cash games 
Shouldn’t have played the Mobile Zoom, but otherwise OK….  
*  Break even on all cash games
Needs more studying on PLO for sure
*  Fiddle around less with MTT/STT variants, concentrate on NLHE and 8 Game
OK this month

References
January 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/poker-financial-results-for-january-2013.html
February 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/poker-financial-results-for-february.html
March 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/poker-financial-results-for-march-2013.html
April 2013 Cash Challenge http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/blogs/read/4020786/sceaga/First-month-results/
April 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/poker-financial-results-for-april-2013.html
May 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/poker-financial-results-for-may-2013.html
June 2013 http://sceaga.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/poker-financial-results-for-june-2013.html

No comments: