Sunday, December 18, 2011

General: Fitness Review 2011

As with last year’s review, decided to take a look at how I’ve done for the year before the Xmas excesses Smile

IMG_2725

I have managed to get back to more regular exercising than last year, but still was a little sporadic and haven’t quite got back to normal.   On the other hand, I have managed to slightly increase some of  exercises, so am doing a little bit more work when I get into the gym.

Monday (Running)

Run at 6.5mph for 25 minutes, then 8mph for 5 mins, plus 5 minutes cool down.

My heart rate peak at 172 bpm and average 146

Tuesday (Rowing and Weights)

My rowing target is 20 minutes at 30 strokes per minute plus 2 minutes cool down

Heart rate peak at 159 bpm and average 147

I still find rowing the toughest discipline and will probably leave it at 20 mins going forward.

Then do one cycle of weights (about 7 mins)

20 x 2 reps of Chest Fly (1 weight) 
20 x 2 Chest Press (2) 
20 x 2 Lat Pull Down (4)

Heart rate peak at 140 bpm and average 116

Wednesday (Cycling)

Pedal at around 14mph at level 11 resistance for 20 minutes, then 10 minutes at 16mph at level 13. Then do 5 minutes cool down. Cover 7.5 miles

Heart rate peak at 167 bpm and average 139

Thursday (Cross Trainer and Weights)

6 minutes on the Cross Trainer at level 2 plus 3 minutes backward peddling (or whatever it is you do on a Cross Trainer!) Then 9 mins at level 4 plus 3 minutes backwards. 21 minutes in total, covering 1.8 miles

Heart rate peak at 168 bpm and average 142

Then do one cycle of weights (same as Tuesday)

Heart rate peak at 134 bpm and average 117

Friday (Running)

Same as Monday.   My heart rate peak at 176 bpm and average 152

My current body weight is 75kg (11 stone 8 pounds) so still very consistent

 

I’m still maintaining my no cakes, chocolate or biscuits from Monday-Thursday, but am still working on reducing my intake Fri-Sun.    2012 may be the year I finally break my biscuit habit but not sure I’ll ever wean of cakes and chocolate Smile

Overall I have been feeling less fit than normal this year, but the results seem to be indicating better than last year and comparable to previous years, so looks like I’m doing OK after all.

Looking forward to 2012, I think I’m likely to keep the same regime as this year, as I am feeling like I am doing all I can in the time available now.   I will need to be more disciplined and make sure I do my exercises every day (most days anyway Smile ) as that has been a weakness this year.    

No comments: